Social and Environmental Responsibility
We strive to be an environmentally responsible business in our community and we thank you for your interest and support in our efforts to promote a successful, healthy and sustainable environment.
Bend, Oregon Office
- Creating products that will last for generations to come
- Energy and water conservation
- Recycle Bins at every desk and in the break room.
- Rewards for volunteering time in the community
- Education sessions on recycling and footprint reduction
- Focus on paperless communications
- Use of recycled paper products where applicable
- We even make our notepads to give paper a second life before recycling :)
- Live plants for healthy air and a happy heart
- Passive solar for heat production and blinds and curtains for heat reduction
Hiroshima, Japan Production Facility
Japan bolsters very strict building codes that not only saved many lives in the 2011 earthquake but are also considered highly eco-friendly. Because of the strict standards, Tokyo suffered minimal damage to its buildings, including our headquarters, reducing the need for new building materials.
Other measures taken within the production facility include streamlined processes to reduce waste and cost. Albums with mistakes are donated to local elementary schools and misprinted pages are made into writing pads for kindergarten classes. Our production also provides albums to local non-profits so that they may use funding for social and environmental projects.
AsukaBook ships our beautiful products worldwide. We share the love of our community with global community by committing to:
- Using recycled craft paper to protect your AsukaBook during shipping
- Reuse shipping materials whenever possible
- Cardboard and paper recycling
- Join us in protecting the world's environment. In accordance with our commitment to sustainability, we now offer the option to opt out of including a paper invoice in your shipped AsukaBook order*. This can be accomplished on each order placed by checking the "Do not include a paper invoice with my shipment" box on the order payment page. In addition, it is your choice if you'd like white gloves included with your orders.
*The option to opt out of your paper invoice will need to be chosen for each order. We cannot guarantee the paper invoice will not be included in your order. White gloves are included with your first order, if you'd like to continue to receive them, please let us know and we will make a note to include them with your future orders as well.