FAQs - Placing Orders
- How long does it take for an AsukaBook order?
- Orders for AsukaBook products are usually processed within 2 business days. Once an AsukaBook book order has been approved, your order will be shipped in approximately 3 weeks. You have the option to pay an additional Rush fee of $40 per order. If the Rush fee is applied, your order will arrive at our facility in Bend, Oregon in approximately 10 business days of the order approval date; at which point, it will be shipped to you with the chosen shipping method.
- How do I place a book order?
- You have the option to place your order online or by mail. To order online, you may either upload the JPEG files of your designed templates, or you may upload a PDF file of your designed book. Please note, the JPEG files must meet the exact specifications of our design templates and PDF files used must be created with AsukaBook Maker or our File Checker application.
- How do I upload an order for the Gallery Box?
- The Gallery Box can be easily ordered through our JPEG upload system or PDF upload system using File Checker. You are able to upload 12 5x7 images of both vertical and horizontal orientation.
- Are there recommended browsers for placing an order on my specific operating system?
- Yes. For the most efficient upload please review our list below and use a browser listed next to your computer system.
|Mac OS X 10.5 - Firefox 12
Mac OS X 10.6 - Firefox 23, Firefox 12, Chrome 28
Mac OS X 10.7 - Safari 6, Firefox 23, Firefox 12, Chrome 28
Mac OS X 10.8 - Safari 6, Firefox 23, Chrome 28
Mac OS X 10.9 - Safari 7, Firefox 23, Chrome 28
||Windows 8 - IE 11, IE 10, Firefox 23, Chrome 28
Windows 7 - IE 11, IE 10, Firefox 23, Firefox 12, Chrome 28
Windows Vista - Firefox 23, Firefox 12, Chrome 28
Windows XP - Firefox 23, Firefox 12, Chrome 28
- How long does it take to upload a file through the internet?
- The upload time will vary depending on your internet connection speed, the size of your files, and heavy order volume by other customers. Uploading can take anywhere from a few minutes up to several hours.
- What if my internet connection is very slow?
- If your internet connection is too slow and your upload will not complete online, you can also submit your order via a Mail Order by burning your PDF(s) on to a CD or DVD and sending it through the mail along with appropriate completed forms.
- What do I do if my upload gets interrupted?
- Always make sure that sleep mode is disabled in your computer settings before uploading. If for any reason your upload gets interrupted, please click the 'Refresh' button located at the top of your web browser or return to your AsukaBook homepage and click 'Resume Upload' to the right of your order. If you are still unsuccessful in completing the upload for your order, please contact Customer Care with the difficulties and as many details as possible (i.e. any errors, details, and screenshots, along with your computer operating system and browser). You will not be charged twice unless you go to 'Place AsukaBook Order' and start a new order, thus entering your credit card information again. AsukaBook does not keep credit card information on file; hence, you will not be charged unknowingly.
- Is the AsukaBook website and order system compatible with tablets?
- You may be able to view the website from a tablet, but placing an order is not possible at this time.
- Can I order an AsukaBook by sending single digital images or film to you?
- Currently we only accept digitally designed JPEG files or AsukaBook PDFs created with AsukaBook Maker or File Checker.
- How many books can I order at one time?
- You can order just one copy or up to 100 from the same file. To request a price quote for an order of more than 100 books, please contact Customer Care.
- Can I order an unlimited amount of files per order?
- No, you can only upload a maximum of five files per order, but you may select an unlimited quantity of books per file.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept VISA, MasterCard and American Express. Payment must be processed before an order is uploaded and completed.
- How long does an order take to process before it is in production?
- Orders are usually reviewed and processed within 48 hours. If concerns are found during review of your order, you will be contacted at that time.
- Does AsukaBook review my files?
- All AsukaBook orders are reviewed for concerns. If any concerns are found in an order, an AsukaBook representative will contact you with the option to resubmit a new file, printed "as is," or place a new order. We review every order before it is sent to production for any noticeable layout concerns, but we do not check for spelling errors, design, image quality, or color choices. Before placing your AsukaBook order you must agree that you have reviewed your file(s) and they are ready for print. By doing so you take full responsibility for the layout and content.
- Can I make changes after placing orders?
- Carefully review all of the pages before submitting your order. When placing an AsukaBook order you agree that I have reviewed your file(s) and it is ready for print. You also take full responsibility for the layout, content, and color. If you do find changes that need to be made, please contact us immediately so that your order is not sent to production with errors. If the order has not yet been sent to production, we can either send you a resubmission link so that you can make changes or we may need to cancel and refund the order. Once your files have been reviewed and forwarded to the production center, they cannot be changed and production of your book cannot be stopped. Orders are usually reviewed and processed in 2 business days or less, so it is very important to review your order before placing it to ensure there are no further corrections that must be made.
- Can I cancel my order at any time?
- No. Once your order has been processed (orders are usually reviewed and processed within 2 business days or less), it cannot be canceled.
- Can I order an extra book jacket, case, or presentation box for my book?
- Yes. You may order duplicate copies of these items. Designed book jackets or presentation boxes must be ordered within 90 days of the original book order. Additional frosted cases or EX cases can be ordered at any time. For more information or to purchase additional products, please contact Customer Care or log in to your AsukaBook home page to view pricing.
- Can you provide a discount on additional copies of previously submitted files?
- Yes. You may order reprints of books at a discounted price. Your order file(s) will be stored in our system for a period of 90 days from the date the order was placed. You may order reprints at any time during this 90-day period at a discounted price. After 90 days, you will need to place a new order for desired products at full retail price. To place a reprint order, please log in to your AsukaBook account and click on the 'Order Reprint' link found to the right of the original order.
- Why can't I apply a studio sample discount to a reprint order?
- You are unable to apply a studio sample discount for a reprint order because reprint orders are already offered at a reduced price. If you would like a studio sample of an already printed book, you must upload the file as a new order and be sure to apply the promotional discount.
- Why can't I place an order for a new book combined with a reprint?
- Reprint orders are sent immediately to production as they were reviewed and processed when the original order was placed. Orders for new books must still be reviewed and processed. New book orders and reprint orders cannot be shipped together, as the turnaround for a reprint order is considerably quicker. The AsukaBook shipping facility does not have the storage capacity to hold numerous book orders that are awaiting other orders so that they may be shipped together. A fundamental goal of AsukaBook is to deliver products to customers as soon as possible.