Design software such as SmartAlbums, Fundy Designer and AlbumStop include many of our products. You may design your layout using their software, or any other software of choice, however, additional steps need to be taken to ensure full file compatibality with our uploader system.
Because these application may/may not include all files necessary, such as covers, cases, jackets, etc., to print a complete album, and file names will need to be changed to meet our specifications, you must follow the steps in one of the options below to finalize your design project:
Option 1 - Blank Templates
1. Export JPEG Files
Export high resolution JPEG files of your layout from your design app.
2. Download the set of Blank Templates
to download the set of Blank Templates for your specific project.
3. Design Case/Cover Files
Open the blank template of any needed files in Photoshop, such as cover or case files, add images and any additional design elements to complete your design. Save a high resolution JPEG file of your layout.
4. Transfer Design Files
Transfer your already designed pages onto the corresponding Blank Template. This will ensure the file names are correct.
5. Rename Files
Manually rename all of your already designed files to meet AsukaBook specifications. Refer to the downloaded Blank Templates or contact Customer Care
6. Place Your Order
- Review layouts at 100% scale for accuracy, quality, color & typographical errors prior to placing an order.
- Place your order by following the steps on how to Order with JPG Files.
Option 2 - AsukaBook Maker
1. Export JPEG Files
Export high resolution JPEG files of your layout.
2. Download & Install AsukaBook Maker
to download AsukaBook Maker.
3. Start a New Project
Launch the AsukaBook Maker application and click on New Book to start a new project.
4. Choose A Product
Select the style, size, sides, finish, color profile, etc.
5. Import Designed Pages as Images
- Click on the Image Folder [Pictures] panel.
- Open a Finder or File Explorer window and locate the folder that contains the designed JPEG files.
- Drag and drop the folder onto the Image Folder [Pictures] panel to load them.
6. Add the Designed Layouts onto Blank Pages
- Click on the Pages panel.
- Double-click on the first inside page file to open it.
- Click back to the Image Folder [Pictures] panel, select the first designed layout, drag and drop into the design area, and adjust position as needed.
Repeat this step until all designed layouts have been placed onto the corresponding blank templates.
7. Design Case/Cover Files
- Import images to be used in the cover/case design by going to Window > New Image Folder.
- Drag and drop the folder that contains the images onto the panel to load.
- Open the blank template from the Pages panel, then drag and drop images onto case and/or cover file and add any additional design elements to complete your design.
8. Save AsukaBook Maker Layout
- Save AsukaBook Maker file by going to File > Save.
- Enter filename.
- Choose your save location.
- Click on Save button.
9. Export Print Ready PDF File
- Once the design process is complete, export a PDF file by going to Tools > Export Order File.
- Click on Export PDF file button to export.
- Select preferred product details and click OK.
- Select save location and click on Save button.
- Click OK to complete exporting process.
10. Place your order
- Review layout at 100% scale for accuracy, quality, color & typographical errors prior to placing an order.
- Place your order by following the steps on how to Order with PDF Files.